21 January 2010

Peachy-Pink Loveliness

Didn't we just see an issue of V Magazine dedicated to women of any size?


If we allow every other aspect of fashion to constantly evolve, why can't we accept change in the bodies that represent beauty?



Needless to say, I am pretty disgusted with what some media outlets are saying about the Christian Siriano dress actress Christina Hendricks (of Mad Men fame) wore to the Golden Globes on Sunday. It's just plain icky to criticize such a beautiful woman (Hellooo curvy redhead, what is the issue?), for flaunting her figure instead of hiding in a dark-colored frock so she appears thinner. But I guess that's what critics are trained to do to gain attention and keep their jobs, so I won't say much more about it. But truly she looked gorgeous, big-in-your-face-boobs and all. Her she was my second favorite (only second to Drew Barrymore in Atelier Versace) of the night just because of how she owned it completely.


I bought this Marc by Marc Jacobs dress today; I've loved it forever but had only seen it in black. It popped up on a Gilt Groupe Sale at 11:30 am, how could I avoid it? But really another reason for my purchase was that it reminded of Christina Hendrick's dress in a way, and I hope it looks just as lovely against my skin as it did hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment